Read about our news and latest updates. We hope you had a relaxing half term and this newsletter finds you and your family safe and well at these challenging times. Unfortunately one of the legacies of this pandemic is its impact on children's mental health. Recent data published by NHS Digital shows an increase in the number of children experiencing mental health problems. Covid continues to impact young people's life chances in a wide range of ways. According to the Office for National Statistics UK unemployment rose 5.1% in the three months to December 2020. Unfortunately three-fifths of jobs lost, has come from those aged under-25. There has never been a more crucial time to develop financial aptitude in young people and it has been great to see the strides made in this area by forward thinking schools like British International School Phuket and City Academy Norwich in their recovery curricula. Helping teachers to transform the lives of their young people has never been more important to us all at Future Action, and we look forward to supporting you so that you can continue to make a difference. Click here to get in touch with us if you would like to have a chat about how we can help you achieve your priorities, alternatively click here to find out more about our 'Building Mental Fitness' course. To find out more about our 'Financial Futures' course click here. What We’re Up To
- Meet Bobby the Brain, our new character who will guide Key Stage 2 students on how to Build Mental Fitness with the help of their teachers in our brand new course We have collaborated with Qaiser M. Talib, a great Year 3 Primary school teacher and CBT therapist in the West Midlands to create a bespoke program for Key Stage 2 teachers to help build their students' mental fitness. For the latest updates on the course please click here to register your interest and be the first to have the opportunity to access the course.
- Listen to our founder Neil Moggan talk on BBC Radio Norfolk about how parents can support their children's mental health during lockdown as part of their healthy heads campaign To listen to Neil's interview with Stephen Bumfrey click here and scroll to 2.22.07. We offered a complimentary Building Mental Fitness support guide for parents during this interview. If you would like to offer this to the parents within your school community then please click here.
- BISP pupils develop vital financial aptitude skills to transform their futures. It was great to see how young people at British International School Phuket benefitted recently from completing our financial futures course with their brilliant teachers. The message above was one of many showcasing what they had gained from the course. Find out more about our 'Financial Futures' course
- UEA PGCE PE students receive Building Mental Fitness training It was fantastic to guide the UEA PGCE PE students on how to incorporate Building Mental Fitness strategies into their PE lessons to help young people. They were a brilliant group to work with and we are looking forward to supporting them further as their careers progress.
- Informative video to help your young people suffering from Seasonal affective disorder Click on this link here to help young people suffering from SAD . To find out more about this excellent program from Age of Light Innovations click on the link here.
- GCSE Simplified discount for exam revision guides We have teamed up with our good friends at GCSE Simplified to offer you 10% discount on their fantastic range of PE & English exam revision guides. Quote 'Simplified 10' to receive your discount. Place an order
Get in Touch
Thanks for reading our newsletter. If this resonates with you or someone you know or work with, please get in touch when the time is right. Give us a follow on social media at: Twitter: @futureaction1
Check out our website - Graphics: Designed by pch.vector / Freepik